Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today we celebrated our first Mother's Day as parents. Bennett Grace was on her best behavior which Sean and I very much appreciate. If she sleeps well tonight, it will have been an overall success!

We were fortunate enough to be able to share the holiday with not only my mom, Lisa but also my Grandmother Jones and my Aunt Carol who is like my second mother. All three are very special to me and I love them all very much. We also were able to visit with my dad, my sister Lauren and her husband Matt and my sister Morgan, as well as my Granddaddy Jones and my Uncle Jim.

It is still a bit surreal to me that I am a mommy to this precious baby girl. I have loved her since the moment I found out about her and can not imagine my life without her.

Here are a few pictures from the day:






 Grandmother Jones, Me, Mom and Bennett Grace- 4 Generations all together :)

... Another mommy lesson learned: The above post has taken approximately an hour and a half. Why, you ask? Because I bragged about my tiny person's good behavior! I paused for a short diaper change which turned into a fiasco. BGT had an accident on the changing table which resulted in a very upset baby getting her second bath of the day. I can't really blame her for the outburst though, because really who wants to be covered in tee tee and then have to sit through a second bath? As I say to BGT, "It's hard being little."

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies and future mommies out there!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. You looked so pretty (and skinny) on Sunday. Happy Mother's Day to you. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete