Friday, August 31, 2012

Cereal, yum

Today Bennett Grace had her first cereal. We went back and forth on whether or not to give her cereal since the plan was to exclusively breastfeed for at least 6 months, but we talked to the doctor about it and since she still has mega reflux and can hit a running target with her spit up, we decided it was best to add in a little cereal once a day to see if it helps settle her stomach.

My mom (BGT's Gigi) helped me get the cereal ready and showed me how to scoop it in her mouth and catch it when she immediately spit it back out. I'm sure I could have figured it out but the moral support was nice, especially since I had no idea how much to give her. My mama was a lot more generous with her spoonfuls than I was. BGT's little faces were so funny, but she really seemed to like it. She kept stealing the spoon and flinging cereal everywhere.

She is such a big girl. She is starting to stay sitting without being propped up too. Naturally, she can't sit up on her own, but it's weird to think it is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable little baby! We're having a baby girl in December, and looking at your pictures makes me so excited! What an exciting time for you!

    lifemedschoolwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. Congrats on your little one, December is right around the corner! You are in for such a treat. Little girls are so much fun!!

      Delete