Saturday, October 27, 2012

SUYL Halloween Costumes

Today I'm linking up with Kelly from Kelly's Korner Blog! The theme for the link up this week is Halloween Costumes and I was already planning a post on Bennett Grace's costume so it worked out perfectly!!

This is Bennett Grace's first Halloween so I really wanted her to look super cute for all the pictures we will no doubt take of her. I searched the internet and by the internet I of course mean Etsy and Pinterest and I could not find ANYTHING. I took my search to Google and then looked it the local stores and again NOTHING. Everything I could find in her size was plastic looking or straight up tickity-tack and I was not about to go there so in my final attempt I took it to Pinterest one more time and came across a picture of these two girls in Loofa Costumes. I thought oooooooh that would totally work for BGT so I ventured to Hobby Lobby and picked up a few things.

I will say that I tried to use their directions and just size them down, but they simply didn't work for a baby so basically I took the inspiration and that was about it. It wasn't very difficult, surprisingly. So here it is! The final product is pretty cute if I say so myself and BGT looooooves it. I thought she would after she had so much fun playing with the tulle in her 6 month photo session :)

Disclaimer- these were taken with my iPhone (as usual) so the photo quality is pretty poor and I could not capture a picture of a smile without it blurring to save my life.

Puppy photo bomb







BGT's back up costume- Cabbage Patch Baby
File this one under: Stop Taking My Picture Mama

iPhone blurrrrrr

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! So cute and creative :) Noah is a puppy dog and hates it, lol. He loves to carry the costume... NOT wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your little girl is ADORABLE in her costume! So creative!

    ReplyDelete